Genny obtained her B Proc degree from UPE, now known as Nelson Mandela University (NMU).
She completed her articles of Clerkship with Shefer Pretorius Shear and Van Rooy Attorneys and remained with them as a Professional Assistant for 2 years.
She then joined McWilliams and Elliott and was appointed as a director and the head of the conveyancing department until 2006 when she joined Joubert Galpin Searle as a director and head of the property department.
Genny joined Lexicon Attorneys in 2014 as a director.
Genny lectured part time at the Attorneys Night School in administration of deceased estates and at NMU in Notarial Practice.
She has been a panel attorney for all the major banks and has done a wide spectrum of bank work.
Genny specialises in property law and notarial practice. she has Right of Appearance in the High Court. She is registered as an Education, Training and Development Practitioner. She is also a specialist examiner for attorneys, conveyancing and notarial practice examinations. Genny is also an expert in municipal conveyancing.
Her interests include the following:
- Ex EP and EP Vets tennis player
- Ceramic Artist – exhibited at Regional level
- Fine art artist – has done a Master class in oil portrait painting with Andrew James RP the President of the British Royal Portrait Society
- Currently a student of Greg Kerr
- Qualified advanced open water scuba diver
- She has completed various half marathons